The driver provides bidirectional communication with any serial device. It is possible to send data to serial port in ASCII and HEX format and to receive data into a string variable. The driver can receive CR,LF,CR+LF and null terminated data strings.
- Connection of devices with RS232 output – thermometers, input modules, A/D converters, security control panels, sensors, etc.
- Connection of identification readers using Wigand to RS232 converter – Indala, HID, EM, MIFARE, APERIO wireless lock (Assa Abloy), biometric readers, etc.
- Control of output devices using RS232 – relay cards, RS485 bus devices.
- Data exchange between two or more separate Control4 systems.
- Connection of devices using AT commands – modems, IT devices, mains switches.
- Data exchange with PLCs, heat, pool, irrigation controlers, etc.
To parse and process received strings you can take advantage of the free Calculator driver. Using these two drivers you can implement a simple bidirectional communication over RS232 from Composer Programming, without need for developing a driver in Driverworks SDK.